Our office invests in the latest state-of-the-art technology in order to serve our patients better and provide as accurate and comfortable treatments as possible. One of our most important pieces of dental technology is Face Hunter by Zirkonzahn®, which allows us to create photorealistic 3D digitalizations of our patients’ faces.
3D Scanning Technology Features and Benefits
This technology offers several benefits for both dentists and patients. For starters, it allows dental technicians to create better restorations based on the exact makeup of the patient’s face. Here are some other features and benefits:
- Precise previews of treatment results help patients visualize what they’ll look like
- Dentists can provide more informative consultations before any work is done
- Quick process takes just 0.3 seconds to digitize a face
- Facial scans sent directly to the lab with case details for superior accuracy
3D Scanning Technology Uses
This technology is useful for a variety of different scenarios. Whether you need a simple crown or something more complex like a full-mouth dental implant restoration, 3D dental scanning technology like Face Hunter can help us better plan your treatment based on your unique facial structure. Here are a few different scenarios where 3D scanning technology comes into play:
- Analyzing current dental positioning without relying on information from previous dentists
- Establishing how many teeth are missing in elderly patients
- Determining the size, shape and color of any needed crowns
- Pinpointing the ideal placement for single, multiple or full-mouth dental implants
- Visualizing current bite placement and planning for a proper bite
3D dental scanning technology is just one of our advanced resources we use to make our patients’ experience better. To see it in action for yourself, schedule a consultation with us today.